Episode #21: Military Transition Q&A with Derek Moore
As a marine with extensive leadership experience, Derek has served honorably in a wide range of positions, including training, employee relations and contractor administration. A strong proponent of pursuing higher education, Derek completed two degrees throughout his 20-year career and is close to finishing his third. As he anticipates completing his doctorate in Criminal Justice with a specialization in Homeland Security, Derek is focused on merging his educational background with a criminal justice career field. He will be available for a new role as soon as October of 2021.
Derek’s Questions About the Transition Process:
- Is it beneficial for transitioning service members to go through the DoD Skill Bridge Program?
- What are the best websites or resources for veterans seeking post-military employment?
- Should veterans hire a professional career coach or resume writer, or should they rely upon the education service on-base?
- Should veterans seek out mentors from organizations such as the ACP (American Corporate Partners) or Veterati during their transition?
- What are Lori’s top 5 calls-to-action for transitioning military members?
- You can connect with Derek on LinkedIn:
Are You Struggling to Write Your Resume?
I created the Veteran Resume Self-inspection Checklist to lessen the resume writing struggle for veterans. This 11-item checklist will educate you in resume best practices while giving veterans a guide to assess their resume and determine if it's ready to send to employers.Download Your Checklist Here