A Marine veteran turned entrepreneurial blogger, life coach, speaker and podcaster, Ben’s mission is to bring military veteran dads home to be present with their families. During his transition out of active duty military service, Ben spent 7 years in corporate America and attempting an electrical engineering degree before rediscovering his passion and purpose for life through a life-altering seminar and conference. Pay particular attention to his approach toward networking and the power of conversations.
- It is possible to follow the TAP advice (get a suit, go to the interview, get the job, use the Post-9/11 GI Bill, etc.) and end up in a position that does not align with your life goals.
- “Your job is not your identity.” Even when you do great work, have stellar evaluations, and climb a few rungs on the corporate ladder, your employer might let you go. Evaluate your strengths, experience and intangible skills and continuously develop them while you network.
- “The amount of hope and opportunity in your life is directly proportional to people with whom you share conversations.”
- “The voice telling you to be or stay “normal” isn’t going to get you where you want to go. Focus on your curiosity…to find your passion, your why.”
- Ben’s podcast website: militaryveterandad.com
- Ben’s digital course, “It’s Time to Come Home,” at benkilloy.com
- For more friendships in your life, check out: freedadcourse.com
Are You Struggling to Write Your Resume?
I created the Veteran Resume Self-inspection Checklist to lessen the resume writing struggle for veterans. This 11-item checklist will educate you in resume best practices while giving veterans a guide to assess their resume and determine if it's ready to send to employers.Download Your Checklist Here